Day Hiking Southcentral Alaska by Lisa MaloneyRegular price $21.95
Shipping calculated at checkout.
"[Lisa Maloney] knows these trails inside and out because she’s hiked them all…. If you’re new to hiking in this region, this book is a must-have; if you’re a veteran hiker, the color photos will inspire you to revisit your favorite ridges and forests or to try a familiar trail in an unfamiliar season." -Alaska Magazine
- Hikes within driving distance of Anchorage and its environs
- 100 day hikes, from iconic to beginner to lung-burner!
- 1% of sales donated to the Alaska Trails
- "Hikes at a Glance" highlights features of each hike
- Difficulty rating, elevation gain, distance, and best season for each trail
- Detailed driving directions to trailheads
- Useful trail icons for dog-friendliness, glaciers, lakes, and more
- Convenient, compact, and packable size
- Full-color photos throughout **Mountaineers Books designates 1 percent of the sales of select guidebooks in our Day Hiking series toward volunteer trail maintenance. Since launching this program, we’ve contributed more than $14,000 toward improving trails.
For this book, our 1 percent of sales is going to Alaska Trails