Your membership helps build up the bookstore by...
- Through your membership the bookstore can give every baby born in Kodiak the board book Goodnight Moon as a gift to inspire early literacy (thanks to our partnership with the Kodiak Kindness Project).
- Enabling collaboration with budding small business owners like Estillo Designs.
- Creating delicious collaborations with businesses such as Kodiak Tea Company and Harborside for unique coffee and tea blends.
- All of this is possible (especially through a start up business during a pandemic) because you believe in the value of a local independent bookstore. Thank you for your support and we are so excited to see you this next year at all of the special events!
2021 Membership Details!
We have completely revamped the membership program for the bookstore.
- November 23, 2021 - Holiday Gift Sneak Peek and All-Day Discount for Members
- January 21, 2022 - Cookbook Sampling Experience
- March 25, 2022 - Spring Gardening and Local Harvest Evening
- June 24, 2022 - Local Author and Artist Evening
- September 23, 2022 - Book Exchange Evening
- November 22, 2022 - Holiday Gift Sneak Peek
Thank you for becoming a member or renewing your membership for 2021!
What Happens After I Sign-Up?
- You will receive a thank you email with membership information including information about how to pick up your tote bag, membership card, and more. Please include your email when you check out online so we can send you the important membership information. Look for the email within a day of signing up. Please be sure to check your spam folder as our emails sometimes get trapped there. Move the email to our regular inbox to make sure you don't miss updates from the bookstore.
- When you stop in to the bookstore you will receive your tote bag, membership cards, and fill out the membership card for the bookstore (should take less than three minutes).
- When you make a purchase at the bookstore please show us your membership card or simply say you are a member and we can look you up in our system.
- We will send you an email about member-only events which will include the date, time, info about the event, and a pass for you (your family) and/or your plus one to bring a friend.
*If you are buying a membership for a friend please make a note of that on our check out page (including the email address for the person) and we will be sure to make a note on their account and send all information to them.
The membership fee is an annual fee-payment is accepted online and at the bookshop.
Members can renew their annual subscription online or at the bookshop at any rate available at the time of renewal.
Memberships apply to the entire household.
Book discounts apply for the year from the date of purchase.
Your membership is issued only in your name but can be used by your family. Your membership cannot be transferred to someone else.
- Please share with the bookstore staff that you are a member or show your membership card.
- Unfortunately orange mugs are no longer available for new members. The orange mugs were for our initial founding members.